Tuesday, February 18, 2014

low carb diet - managing your insulin

I think I've been doing this diet all along without knowing all the reasons.   I called it

  • spend more hours in "negative" state with my blood "hungry" for sugar.   Like, in a lower blood-sugar state for more hours as opposed to the hours in a high blood-sugar state.   Once you get used to operating with your blood "thin" (my description), you can even get workouts in that state.
  • make sure you get enough daily protein and other nutrients, and lots of roughage and veggies.   

Here's a scientific version of the diet.   I'm not sure I understand all the debate elsewhere about ketosis, and how that fits in, but this idea of managing your insulin is close to what I've been doing:

http://catalyticlongevity.org/the-cc-carbohydrate-concentrated-diet/
You won’t have to give up any type of food that you enjoy eating and will be able to eat normal amounts of food, yet you will still be able to experience many of the benefits of full-blown caloric restriction by having low insulin levels over 80% of the time. These low insulin levels will tend to moderate your appetite and hence lead to lower calorie consumption. 
But the part about beer counting as a carb is way off. The science on that just seems shaky to me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment