Saturday, March 16, 2013

Is Sally Hogshead full of it?





Here's the link if the above player doesn't work: YOUTUBE

I think this is weak. My BS detector is pegged at the max. Yet my web searches for this speaker indicate nobody else thinks so.

OK why do I think it's weak.

1: At the 7-minute mark we consumers of her speech get switched from an analytical mode to a bid for approval. We have little choice but to approve her selection of a mate.  Any other option would be poor form as an audience.

2: She uses her individual confirmation of his "fascination factor" as proof that simply saying Hi doesn't work.

It seems manipulative and makes me reluctant to consume the rest of her message.

Too bad, because I like what she writes.   I'll think about it some more.


http://www.whatlittlethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/SallyHogshead.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment